Building a Career
Gravel Truck Driver
$23-28/ hour, depending on experience
We are looking for experienced gravel drivers with previous using side dump and end dump trailers. This position is project based and may require travel between any project locations.
– Class 1 license
– Clean driver abstract
– Previous highway truck experience hauling granular materials with side dump and end dump trailers
Any offer of employment is conditional based on Fitness for Duty requirements.
Accommodations and meals may be provided at temporary workcamp facilities if working away from home. Enrollment in hourbank benefit program two-months after starting.
Key responsibilities include:
– Actively participating, promoting and engaging others in a culture of safety amongst employees, subcontractors and clients
– Operating highway truck as assigned, and operating heavy equipment if required
– Hauling materials or equipment as assigned, responsible for securing load, and conducting routine inspections and preventative maintenance on truck
– Operating within the limitations of the operator and machine to mitigate the risk of near misses, accidents, injuries and/or unsafe acts or conditions from occurring this includes acts of omission or negligence that causes damage to the works, equipment and property
– Communicating information clearly and effectively to all co-workers, foreman and Superintendents
– Listening and carrying out instructions diligently, and speaking up when instructions are unclear, not understood or the hazards are not identified or mitigated
– Willingness to travel between jobsites and work overtime when required
– Any other duties as may be assigned, from time to time
Posted: December 1, 2020
Apply by: December 4, 2020
To apply, email email@example.com or fax a copy of your resume and driver abstract to 306-634- 7822.
Note this position may be filled prior to apply by date and only candidates we are interested in speaking with will be contacted.