What We Do
KPCL: The heavy civil construction experts
With decades of experience working in a full range of soil and site conditions throughout the western provinces, KPCL has amassed deep expertise in heavy civil construction.
Our work spans the public and private sectors, including the management and construction of some of the largest, most capital-intensive infrastructure projects recently built in the region.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Highways, grid roads and heavy haul mine roads
- Rail spurs, railyards and sidings
Mine Developments & Tailings Management:
- Greenfield mine site development and contract mining
- Brine water and fine tailings containment ponds
- Ash tailing containment ponds
- Slurry cutoff walls
- HDPE perforated seepage collection systems
- Sewage lagoons, HDPE lined ponds
- Underground water, sewer and pipeline utilities
- Earth dams, cofferdams, dykes, river diversions or bypasses, canals, spillways and floodways
- Precast and cast-in-place water control structures
- Industrial construction and site grading;
- HDPE pipe fusion
- Large diameter multiplate and bin wall structures
- Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) systems
- Erosion protection including geocell, articulated concrete block mats, rip rap and more
- Building foundations – excavation and backfill
- Demolition of large concrete structures
Our flexible heavy construction fleet helps us adapt to your needs
KPCL owns and operates more than 220 pieces of modern, well-maintained heavy earthmoving construction equipment. This enables us to provide the most economic and effective complement of equipment for a given project’s soil conditions and requirements.
If there is a change to a project’s conditions, schedule or scope, KPCL can quickly adapt, mobilizing the equipment needed to address the change.